Tuesday, November 20, 2012

So Thankful

Thanksgiving is in a few days, I love the Holidays! Even though we have no family near I go all out for the festivities. I enjoy cooking a complete Turkey dinner with all the fixings for my DH and kids. Now that Owen is getting older he likes to help me in the kitchen which is fun. This week we are only doing school for Monday and Tuesday then taking a much deserved break till next Monday. We are currently 76 days into our school year! Things have been going so well I am almost afraid to say it out loud! We just completed our second spelling book and also our MUS Beta (math). Much of what we have been doing is to make sure I am filling in the gaps the public school had left. Owen is getting more confident and less frustrated with things and this makes me so happy. Wyatt enjoys working on his worksheets, tracing, cutting and playing. We still have our challenging moments but we are able to work through them much quicker now and move on. I am so thankful for this opportunity to have my children close. I am enjoying seeing all three interact together and know that the bonds they are creating will be a great joy to them as they grow.

We celebrated Pixie's 2nd Birthday earlier this month, we had friends over and ate ladybug cupcakes and red velvet cake. It goes by so quickly, seems like just yesterday she was dependant on me for everything. Now she puts up her hand and runs by saying "I'll get it", or joins in on the crazy wrestling the boys get into from time to time. I watch her and Wyatt playing together and how she picks up things he does, the good and the bad.  Every morning she as I get her out of bed she says "go see brothers". They adore her and she adores them, and it is beautiful!  As life gets crazier I try to enjoy these moments and worry less about the other things. Drama is always developing somewhere, stress can easily creep into our lives, worries can come at any moment. However I have adopted the mentality if we are all OK, all will be fine. Life is short, time is limited and in the end family is the only important thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment