Thursday, August 16, 2012

Week in review


As I type this all the kiddo's are still asleep. The dishwasher is running and I am sipping my coffee. It is peaceful! In a matter of minutes all sorts of noise and chaos will ensue and that is a guarantee. Lately I am struggling with finding my balance and I am sure that is not uncommon. My life is a little chaotic without throwing homeschool into the mix. My DH and I run a landscape business, which at first sounded like a wonderful idea! Almost 12 years into it I can say it consumes most of our lives. We are so blessed to have work, and have work so hard to be successful. Both he and I struggle with finding a way to balance work and still have a normal at home life. We both have to do lists a mile long, the only way I can keep sane is the kids come first. Everything else has to take a back seat for now.

We have had good and bad moments this week. The littles still prove to be the most challenging and love to drive Owen crazy while he is suppose to be working. The other challenge is keeping him on task. Which I have to laugh every time I say it now. All last year we received notes that "Owen will not stay on task". It annoyed me to no end because I had no idea what to do about it. Now with two little crazy kids vying for his attention I find myself constantly saying "Owen your not staying on task" Ugh, I so didn't want to hear myself saying that!

This week we continued working through our curriculum, still trying to decide about the spelling program. I want to go ahead and switch to something more challenging but know that even if it seems remedial it will help in the end. I think I am just board with it, Owen seems fine working through it. We were surprised by Wyatt this week, while working with compound words, he was able to help Owen quite a bit thinking of new examples. Monday I did a project with Wyatt making a toy train my Mom sent him. I was so impressed by his concentration and attention to the details. He did a great job, I spent most of my time cleaning paint off of Pixie.


One major accomplishments this week, I think Wyatt is pretty much potty trained : )! We have been trying unsuccessfully for years, only to decide to lay back on him and follow his lead. We have joked that Pixie was going to get there before Wyatt as she is very interested in the whole potty thing. If I don't see her she is usually sitting on top of the potty fully clothed saying "pee, pee". She screams bloody murder when I remove her. As tiny as she is I have no idea how she has not fallen in yet. Wyatt spent a few days with my mother in law who helped tremendously, I am so grateful for that. We are so proud of Wyatt, and I acknowledge that these battles will probably continue as he grows because he has always been in his own time. God has a plan for him I am sure!



1 comment:

  1. enjoy reading about how things are going. Sounds very busy but fun too!

    ReplyDelete